Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 10: What is the first novel you remember reading?

Easy! Danny the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl. I don't think it was actually the very first (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator probably happened first), but it was early on! I took it out of the school library and I think I was in kindergarten. It was one of the first "chapter books" I read with my mom. I loved it. I still remember how they used raisin filled with something as bait. I think I need to reread it (or maybe I should wait three years and read it with my five year old).

I can't remember the first novel I read on my own...probably something not very exciting or maybe something "old fashioned" (meaning: belonged to my mom or my aunts or uncle) from my grandma's book cases.

The first novel my mom and I read together that I actually read out loud from was The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery. That's one of my favourites of hers.

What was your first novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment