Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Book Thief

teaser tuesday
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My mom loaned me this book ages ago and I finally got around to starting it last week. Now I can't put it down (it's probably a good thing I'm almost done it!) More about it later this week, but for now I will say that it is beautifully and poignantly written.

The examination was completed and he managed to perform his first nude Heil Hitler. In a perverse kind of way, he conceded that it didn't feel half-bad.

The Book Thief, Markus Zusak, page 440

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT
at Should Be Reading with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your 2 ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. awww...I heart this book! I really hope you like it.

    Check out mine: http://vonniesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesdays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. I have some found memories reading this. I cannot wait to hear what you think about it.
    Here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loved this book! Cried twice: with Rosa holding the accordion and when the eyes turned to rust. The writing is amazing!

    Here's mine: Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday-zombie-raccoons-killer.html

    ReplyDelete