- If I cannot, absolutely bring myself to finish a book, I will not. I tend to torture myself and force myself to finish books even when they're not keeping my interest and I'm not enjoying them. I'm not going to do that for this challenge.
- If I don't finish a book, I will still blog about it. Then I will attempt to read another book in its place.
- I will try to read books from all kinds of genres, not just fiction or memoirs or toddler books...
- I will welcome suggestions from other readers. Actually, I always welcome suggestions from other readers. Please, suggest away!
For the purpose of this challenge, for a book to count as the book of the month, it MUST NOT be a book I have already read (this rule is OPTIONAL for you if you decide to join) - for part 2 and 3 of the challenge, only half the books must be new books, the rest can be rereads. Again, this only applies to me. You can reread as many books as you'd like.This stopped applying a while ago. I like to reread books and they're still books, even if I've read them before. If you like this rule, I don't mind if you keep it.
- If you have anything to add to what I write about a book or if you have a completely different opinion, leave a comment. Please...I want to hear about what you have to say (and I miss my book club!)
- If you want to join me, please do! Click on the join tab for more information. Just because you've joined the challenge doesn't mean you have to post anything or read the same book as me.
- I am going to only read "free" books. So borrowed, library, gifts, gift card purchases, or books that already exist in my bookcases. If you decide to join, you do NOT HAVE to adhere to this rule. It's also optional. I'm still on a book diet...hence the free book thing. As of June 2011, the book diet is done! Books that I buy for myself, they count now. Because really, I am reading and that was the point of the challenge.