Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 29: What author do you avoid?

Dr. Laura Schlessinger. UGH. And even more so since she went on her rant a few weeks ago.

When I was in university, I worked at a fast food place one summer. The girls who decorated cakes had a work station in the back next to the break table. And they listened to Dr. Laura on the radio. And she drove me nuts.

Then my grandma gave me The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands as a shower gift. She hadn't read it (which is strange for her, she usually reads everything before she gives it away so she can discuss it with you) and I don't know that she would have given it to me if she had. I think maybe Dr. Laura is a misandrist. And she's narrow minded. And she gives bad advice. And she makes me mad. MAD.

So I avoid her. Because I don't like being mad!

2 comments:

  1. Just hearing that woman's name makes my blood pressure rise. I can completely understand why you avoid reading any of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to get rid of the book my grandma gave me...just looking at it makes me fume!

    Is it possible to be an misandrist and a misogynist at the same time? She might fit the bill! I read somewhere that at one time, long ago (in another life time maybe?), she was actually considered a feminist!

    ReplyDelete